Monday, March 22, 2010

doodles



So I drew this during one of my classes. I doodle little things every now and then but never anything this involved. Its not perfect but I'm pretty proud of it. Not because its beautiful or explains my feelings on "New World Colonizations" or anything but because its really cute.
I drew this when it was an absolutely awful day that was cold, rainy, and just gross. I was sad, tired, and ready for bed, but here I was bored, cold, and wet, desperately waiting for 4:20 to roll around and get me out.
Not that I don't enjoy the class, I've learned a lot. I have a different idea about the world around me, how things are produced, and I am much more knowledgeable about globalism than when I first started the course.
I just, get tired of watching my prof pace around the world making jokes half the class doesn't care to understand. I also hate that the class is strictly based off lecture. I feel as though to truly learn a concept as detailed as globalization, we need to have discussions, papers, and actual debates on the matter. It will help us learn, make people who don't want to pay attention learn, and be a better experience for all of us.
But maybe that's just me, I'm not sure. All I know is that doodling helped me pay attention. I was listening but my hands were in motion, making it impossible for me to go to sleep or drift off into day dreams. I know a lot of people do it but I wonder if they know that's why they do it. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment